The Need For Such Vision
Why do we need five different passions and points of view in the body of Christ as shown in Ephesians 4? Simple, to get different perspectives to bring together the big picture of what the Body of Christ, the Church, will be and do. What is their purpose together:
- to prepare God’s people for works of service
- to build up the body of Christ
- to reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God
- to become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- so we will no longer be infants,
- tossed back and forth by the waves
- blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
So what are we, the Church to do?
- speak the truth in love,
- and GROW UP
- into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
“From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”